Primary School [Nishi-Kasai Campus – Nishi Kasai 6-22-16 3F]
Primary School Curriculum & Methodology
GWIS Primary campus is proposed Cambridge Primary curriculum. Cambridge Primary is a frame work for primary education, based on the education system in U.K. It is aimed at children aged 5 to 11. Cambridge Primary is an International Curriculum, used in 160 countries around the world. The programme focuses on engaging children in global topics, getting them to think critically and develop a passion for learning.
Cambridge primary is designed to provide learners with a solid foundation, which they can build upon as they progress through further education. It encourages children to be creative and innovative, building their independent thinking skills and allowing them to develop a love for learning. The flexibility of the programme means that it can be used in lots of different countries.
Cambridge Primary Proposed Subjects (Grade 1 to Grade 3)
GWIS will be offering below 6 subjects as part of the primary education.
- Social Studies
- Second Language (Japanese or Hindi)
- ICT(Computer Education)
[Extra Curricular activities]
- Various Sports(Soccer, Badminton, TT etc) & Physical Education()
- Art and Craft / Visual Art
GWIS Cambridge Primary Proposed Curriculum Key Feature
- Globally Recognized curriculum
- Content based curriculum helping students with structured learning & functional approach
- Syllabus driven with key learning objective(KLO) as end goals for each class
- Freedom to choose and customize learning
- Specialized subject learning with in-depth knowledge creation
- Inculcation of special learning attributes
Primary After School clubs (for GWIS/Other School/Japanese Schools)
After School Clubs are great way not only to build upon the knowledge gained in the regular school but also create a solid foundation in the Primary School to become future leaders. Creative reading/writing, Japanese/Hindi preparation & Olympiad preparation goes into long way in achieving this. GWIS Primary campus in Nishi-Kasai offers Afterclub in below:-
- Reading/Writing Club (English)
- Japanese/Hindi Language Club
- Olympiad Club
- Art & Craft Club
- Sports Clubs (TBA later)
Pre-School & Kindergarten [Funabori Campus – Funabori 3-1-4 1F]
Kindergarten Curriculum & Methodology
We believe that children learn best in an active and vibrant environment, a place where children can get involved and do things for themselves. We are providing an environment of learning materials and experiences that can enhance intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of a child.
Our kindergarten curriculum is drawn and built upon Montessori method of education as well as drawn on different contemporary prevalent international preschool education systems around the world. The aim is to make the child independent and an active learner.
Early childhood is the foundation of successful life. The seeds of success and dynamic personalities are sown at this very stage. This is the age when kid’s grasping and learning power are the highest and most active. It is the most important and sensitive period where windows of opportunity should be provided for the growth of child.
Kindergarten Curriculum Methodology : Key Features
- Activity Oriented
- Based on Holistic Development of child
- Provides stimulating environment for intellectual
- Development of each and every child
- Aims at developing fine motor and social skills
- Developed on the belief that hands on experiences and play way methods lead to learning
- Develop language skills
- Hone Mathematical Skills
- Opens the window of the scientific and social world around
- Develops aesthetic sense through art, dance and music
- Extensive range of extra-curricular programs
Kindergarten Teaching Methodology
We are following an eclectic approach drawn and developed on the theories of different psychologists like Piaget, Vygotsky, Bruner where free and guided learning activities, inquiry and discovery, individual and group work etc. all kinds of activities are given an appropriate weightage in the curriculum.
Kindergarten AfterSchool/Aftercare(for GWIS/Other School/Japanese Schools)
GWIS Kindergarten Campus in Funabori offers afterschool/aftercare for students upto age of 10 years. Kindergarten afterschool is aimed at students who would like to extend after school learning or are in need of after care for longer period of time. Students from GWIS as well as other schools/Japanese School are the primary user of this service.